Navigating Digital-Social Transformation: How to Script the Unscriptable – with Thor Madsen
June 1 at 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm PDT
What is Digital-Social transformation? (Beyond technology, how is society being transformed as a result of our world becoming more “digital”?)
Three of the major disruptive trends creating digital-social transformation (and three examples of their effects):
- Cross-global “datafying” of human behavior
- Affects community-forming and allegiances
- I. is becoming a full member of the human community
- Affects (or takes over) our decision-making process
- Our “Reality” becomes equally physical/virtual
- Affects our sense of time and place
To help us navigate the above, we will answer the following together:
- How will our roles and identities change because of digital-social transformation?
- How do we navigate this transformation?
- What methods are especially well designed for helping us through navigate this transformation?
Methods such as improvisation and storytelling will become increasingly important as pre-designed planning becomes increasingly disrupted.
- Moving toward a “we-created”, “ephemeral design”
- Discovering our own path, in collaboration with others…
About Thor Madsen
ThinkResults / Reed College
Thor advises and guides leaders and teams through diverse and significant change. His expertise includes creating new services, establishing a new vision or brand, and disrupting markets. Thor is a highly sought-after speaker on digital-social transformation and navigating culture change. He incorporates improvisational theater, design thinking, and storytelling into rethinking and discovering our roles, methods, and purpose in creating what’s next.
Thor’s background includes executive advisory roles at Gartner, Inc. and instructor/facilitator at Columbia University. He is currently a graduate student at Reed College studying the integration and breakup of civilizations. Thor has performed improvisational theater and storytelling in Chicago and Portland.